White circle of Death

Reaction score
I installed an updated for an airport something this morning. After I was prompted to restart it know goes into a white screen with an apple logo and a spining circle (the circle is not colorful). How can I resort to a previous version? I have tried to go into safe mode, holding the c, removing everything for 30 seconds and nothing.

Reaction score
Your going to have boot from the OS install disc and repair permissions.

OP
V
Reaction score
White Circle of Death

Thanks for your reply, I figured something like that. Also what would you suggest. The original OSX is 10.3, for which I don't have the disk, but I was thinking of getting 10.5 Leopard. (Highest OSX I can run on this G5). Would it help if I used a different OSX disk or do I need the actual OSX installed. Please advise! Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can use a Leopard disk if you can find a retail version. (Black disk not gray) The model specific version of Leopard will not work.

OP
V
Reaction score
I am using Transmac Utility to burn a retail version of 10.5.4 The issue I been running into is that the .DMG file is to long, even though it's 7GB it won't burn. I found in another forum to use DL disks. Would you be familiar with this? Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You can pick up a retail copy of 10.5 from eBay or similar.

We don't discuss pirated software here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.