Which version of Windows 7?

Reaction score
I have an Intel Core 2 Duo iMac 7.1, 1 processor, 2 cores, 4 MB L2 cache, and 1 GB or memory. Two questions: (1) Which version of Windows 7 would be the most likely to work well? The extra $100 for Pro or Ultimate is not a huge issue IF the mutha runs better than the Home version. (I don't have the patience for freezes and fussing) (2) I have seen a 32-bit version of Win7 Pro for $95 at Tek-Micro. Is 32-bit fine, or is there a 64-bit version, and would it work better than the 32-bit? (OK, so that is 3 questions. Sue me.) Thanks for any info/opinions.

OP
J
Reaction score
Well, John, those are excellent questions, you nimrod dingbat. Having just read on the MS web site, I gather that all versions are the same; you just unlock more features if you spend more. As for the 64-bit, not to worry; you don't have enough memory to take advantage of the 64-bit version. So, get the Home version, send me the $100 I just saved you, and have fun.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.