Which one?

G

Gamer

Construction???

Okay high, I'm going into college and I know how good the iBook is with it's rubber mounted hard drive and bullot proof plastic. I like it, but I need some more power and was thinking of a powerbook they look good and have a sturdy case to them that is about all I know about there construction. I was wondering if the Powerbook has some of these same sturdy constuction features of the iBook?

P.S.- Remember it has to liver throught my backpack with heavy books banging against it and my busy life with out marking the screen first time out.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
From what i've heard, the build quality of the PB is just as good as that of the ibook, plus the casing is a robust aluminium, which should withstand life inside a rucksack...

But maybe just get the PB and a protective cover for it (www.tucano.it has some nice ones available through apple.com)

OP
D

daxdagr8t

i have a 12inpb, and i bring it to school everyday.i think the pb is as just durable or even durable than the ibook.i mean as long as you protect it properly then u dont have to worry about it gettiong banged up.a nice padded laptop bag will do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
Aptmunich said:
From what i've heard, the build quality of the PB is just as good as that of the ibook, plus the casing is a robust aluminium, which should withstand life inside a rucksack...

i think the pb is made of titanium not aluminum,

OP
T

tariq

No its an Aluminum case. The previous generation of PowerBooks are Titanium.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.