Which dock for 2012 non retina macbook pro and which monitor?

Reaction score
My budget is very limited on the monitor however the monitor also does not need to be fancy. I need help with a docking solution and monitor for a 2012 non retina macbook pro? So I suppose it needs to be mini display port compatible (not sure if mini display to hdmi adapter will cause some kind of funky lag or unknown issue). The monitor will be used for light photo editing in photoshop elements (nothing too special not even prosumer I would say). I will be using it for gaming in bootcamp and windows 7 so honestly if it were something in the 1080p category I think that would be just fine (anything higher and my mac might not be powerful enough to play the games I should think). I mostly play Diablo 3 on the PC side. Thank-you very much in advance for any advice or help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

Check out what's available on Amazon.com. They have a variety of monitors and docks that you can choose from. Amazon has a good return policy in case you get something that you don't like or won't work. Also check out OWC (www.macsales.com).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.