Which 2 button mouse to use?

R

rdsacto

I recently switched over -- purchased a nice G5 over Christmas and love it. However I sure miss the right-click mouse feature of PCs.

Can someone suggest a good 2-button Mac mouse and where to get it? I don't need wireless. I do want another optical mouse, not a track ball.

Thanks.

OP
D

dziner

I have the Logitech MX700 and love it. I would recommend any Logitech mice for your new G5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
any logitech mouse will do.
do not forget to download logitech control center (can get if from apple website, is in drivers) if you think of multi.button mouse.

OP
C

Chamorro

I like MacAlly mice in addition to LogiTech. I stay away from Kensington stuff after hearing about some of their business practices.

OP
S

StarManta

MacMice.com has a nice 2-button mouse that looks similar to Apple's mouse, if that's important to you. Otherwise, Microsoft (yeah, i know) makes decent, cheap mice. And Logitech is good too :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So what's this about Kensington's business practices?

Yep that's the next one that I will be getting.. "The Mouse" from MacMice.com.. very kewl mouse!

OP
C

Chamorro

Murlyn said:
So what's this about Kensington's business practices?

They basically sue the "little guys" to death if they come out w/ a product similar the Kensington's. I don't know if they do this across all product lines, but they definitely do this w/ the various security cable products (which make up the majority of their profits). Smaller companies simply don't have the resources to be involved in litigation, whereas Kensington can usually get revenues from other products.

OP
S

supenguin

Logitech

I use Logitech. Highly recommended. I got one that was two buttons with a scrollwheel in the middle. I plugged it in, and it just worked on Panther. No updates, no drivers to install. I didn't even have to configure anything!

OP
T

TylerMoney

Logictech works for me......so far...having a few problems with it sometimes...when I'm not plugged into the wall..but that seems like it might be a usb problem...anyone know?

OP
M

Mac Apple

Logotech MX700, Very good mouse. :) Ive shortcutted expose to the extra buttons which is handy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep that's the one Im going to be getting! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would love to hear some reviews from people here that have already purchased it.. how's the software that comes with it? I do currently use a 4 button mouse with a mousewheel.. it would be hard to give up the extra buttons though :(

OP
K

Kathie

I have had my iMac for just over two weeks. I lasted a week with the one button mouse. I did a lot of reading and research. I found the best mouse for my needs was the LogitechMX500. It fits my hand nicely, has two buttons on the left side for going forward and back in the browser (I'm right handed). It is a wired mouse, which I trust more than a wireless. I don't want the occasional frustration of a pointer bouncing around. Also has a scroll wheel and buttons to scroll up and down automatically and a button to change applications. I'm a happy surfer with my Logitech! :)

OP
R

rdsacto

Is the Logitech MX500 an optical?

I like the optical mouse that came w/ my G5. It's much better than having a mouse that uses a tracking ball underneath. Is the Logitech an optical mouse?

OP
N

natey

I'm using the Locitech Click! mouse. I like that mouse because it has two buttons, a scroller, and a window changer (very handy). I love the window changer button on my mouse, it makes it so much easier to switch through tasks -- with just one click. Awesome!

It's a corded mouse, but that's no problem for me. It's optical too, and it works great on my powermac. Very percise.

My mouse worked without having to install the logitech control center, however, I desided to put it in afterwards for good mesure. I haven't needed to use the logitech program once, my buttons automatically worked.

--nate :)

OP
S

StarManta

natey said:
I love the window changer button on my mouse, it makes it so much easier to switch through tasks -- with just one click. Awesome!

I have my center button set to Expose and it accomplishes the same effect. And it's really cool when someone's watching and I trigger it... they look at me like "Uh, what just happened?"

OP
W

WilliS

there is only 1 good mouse.... microsoft internet explorer mouse... been using one since they first came out...its the only mouse that fits my hand nice.... in my opinion...microsoft should stop making operating systems and just make mice lol...its the only thing they make that doesnt lock a computer up

plus...it goes really nice with my G5.... the color is the same... that brushed aluminum look

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.