• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

where to go with my new iBook...

I

iThink

I'm going to get my iBook tomorow n I was just wondering if people had any ideas for intersting places to go to with their iBooks...or do you have any favorite spots?
just for fun......
I haven't got one yet but I'm loving it already :)

OP
J

Jefe3223

I like to go to our schools union and just chill, watch people, and see who's listening to itunes on the network

Reaction score
If you were in the US, I would say to go Panera bread; good food and FREE wireless internet access.

OP
J

Jefe3223

mynameis said:
If you were in the US, I would say to go Panera bread; good food and FREE wireless internet access.
Panera has wireless...hm... (*runs out of room, dragging ibook along*)

OP
M

Maxie

Oh man.. I didn't know Panera had wireless. We are getting one soon (well hopefully soon). Thanks for the heads up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
mynameis said:

i was gonna say that!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Caveat about Panera-- not every one has WiFi.

There's a Panera literally walking distance from my house and they don't have WiFi. I have to drive a couple of miles... :)

Use this link to see if your local one has it.

I can't wait for the day that there are so many free WiFi spots that places like Starbucks (T-Mobile, actually) have to stop charging for access.

Also, for those of you in the Chicago area, the center court of Woodfield Mall is a giant free hotspot. You just need to get the passcode from the Comcast booth. :)

OP
J

Jefe3223

Thanks, Caribiner.... They get wifi in both my locals...things are lookin' up in this world.

OP
M

Maxie

caribiner23 said:
Caveat about Panera-- not every one has WiFi.

There's a Panera literally walking distance from my house and they don't have WiFi. I have to drive a couple of miles... :)

Use this link to see if your local one has it.
Well as I figured... not one within 50 miles of my house.
I tell ya central Florida is in the dark ages. :rolleyes:

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

im from shreveport and let see .. there is quite a few hotspts.. my whole community is a hot spot.

OP
I

iThink

wow....I wish i lived in the u.s.

thanks for all the suggestions! :)
I got my iBook(finally...it took me 4hours!) today! Yay! :)
anyway....i dont know if there are any hotspots around in this corner of the world...and i wouldnt be suprised if there werent any......soooo behind......
but I'll walk around n c.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.