Where to download driver for IDE to USB cable?

W

winwingogo

Guest
I have a IDE to USB cable. My Mac mini couldn't detect this device. The driver comes with the cable doesn't fit for my Mac OS X. Can anyone tell me where can I download the driver?
 

schweb


Retired Staff
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
13,189
Reaction score
348
Points
83
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Who made the cable? You could always try their website to see if they have a Mac driver.
 
W

winwingogo

Guest
schweb said:
Who made the cable? You could always try their website to see if they have a Mac driver.

I tried but they don't have!!
 

schweb


Retired Staff
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
13,189
Reaction score
348
Points
83
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
There there is not a driver for Mac I would assume and you won't be able to use it. What are you trying to do btw? Use an external drive?

If that's it, you could always buy a firewire or USB hd enclosure for around $50-$100 and use that.
 
W

winwingogo

Guest
schweb said:
There there is not a driver for Mac I would assume and you won't be able to use it. What are you trying to do btw? Use an external drive?

If that's it, you could always buy a firewire or USB hd enclosure for around $50-$100 and use that.

Yes, I think I better buy a USB HD enclosure.
 

rman


Retired Staff
Joined
Dec 24, 2002
Messages
12,594
Reaction score
163
Points
63
Location
Los Angeles, California
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.7.5 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.11.6 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
winwingogo said:
Yes, I think I better buy a USB HD enclosure.
A firewire enclosure would be better. If you must have USB, get a comb enclosure.
 
Top