• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Where to Buy a Mac in LA and SFK

Reaction score
Hi, I am visiting LA and SFK sometime mid-Sep 08, and would like to know where would be a good place (authorised dealers/premium resellers) to buy a MacBook Pro, aside from the Apple Shops? I was hopping for a better promotion. I would be residing in touristy area in town.

Any recommendations or suggestions pls? It would be good if you can include name of shops and their addresses pls. A bonus if I could have telephone numbers and contact person. I am really worried about ending up in fradulent shops.

Thanks a million, pepes.

rgds

Alan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz 4GB, 19in Viewsonic LCD, Mac Alum keyboard, Razer Diamondback 3G
nah you really can't get a better deal anywhere, unless it's something like the store is closing (happened in my town). Just go to a mac store

OP
S
Reaction score
nah you really can't get a better deal anywhere, unless it's something like the store is closing (happened in my town). Just go to a mac store

Thanks for the heads up. In this part of the world, though the price of the machine is controlled, the resellers/dealers/agents packaged other items free of charge as a package. For example, the current MBP 2.5ghz cost about USD2,600 equivalent, but it comes free with the followings:

a) Original Apple wireless mighty mouse
b) Original Apple cover (many colours to choose from)
c) External HDD (160GB other brands)
d) Sleeve for MBP (other brands)
e) 1GB RAM free upgrade to 3GB onboard

Not too bad a deal huh? But I am still undecided about buying the above package with the rumoured coming of the new MBP in sep.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz 4GB, 19in Viewsonic LCD, Mac Alum keyboard, Razer Diamondback 3G
Thanks for the heads up. In this part of the world, though the price of the machine is controlled, the resellers/dealers/agents packaged other items free of charge as a package. For example, the current MBP 2.5ghz cost about USD2,600 equivalent, but it comes free with the followings:

a) Original Apple wireless mighty mouse
b) Original Apple cover (many colours to choose from)
c) External HDD (160GB other brands)
d) Sleeve for MBP (other brands)
e) 1GB RAM free upgrade to 3GB onboard

Not too bad a deal huh? But I am still undecided about buying the above package with the rumoured coming of the new MBP in sep.

thats a good deal but are these resellers mac certified so that the warranty and everything is legit?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.