where is this heading to

Reaction score
Hi everybody, Two years ago I bought an IPhone 5, my first. But I am Apple on Mac for thirty years… It does not do the work everywhere. Not at home in my Building for example (neighbors have the same problem as well as oher people in my city). It was changed twice wih no better result. I have now a MBA to complete the Imac as well as the Mac at the office. For the first time I have keys getting out of the keyboard. The retailer just changed one, but it seems almost worst. They told me Apple changes even the way the keys are "clicked in" in order to avoid people doing this by themselves. Do Apple really think we are going to stay just because their machines are user friendly ? I am seriously considering a try at something else. As for the Iphone I am sure I won't buy again this product.
Last but not least the very recent investigation by the BBC about the "promises" of Apple regarding the harsh exploitation of the workers in China where some end up sleeping upon their work, and very dangerous mining in Tanzany even for teenagers.

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
All I can say is…your experiences are not common. Most folks are very very happy with their Apple devices.

Your iPhone problems could simply be bad reception or weak signal. The key problem on the MBA…a very uncommon problem. How do we know that the computer is not being used or abused in some way??;)

- Nick

OP
Y
Reaction score
Pigoo3, "All you can say" is not much. I have been uncondtionnal for Mac for thirty years, never "abused" my keyboards - as you impolitely suggest - and I am the only user of my (until now) cherished Mac. The retailer did immediately recognize this as an ordinary problem on these keyboards, which would not happen twenty years ago.
As to the IPhone why would so much other people around the world (Canada, Belgium, Switzerland for the places where I checked sites) and some around me, meet the same problem and, most of all: why would other smartphone devices quite correctly work in my building or at the University but (often) not the IPhone?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
You seem to be very angry. Having discussions with angry people is pointless.

Have a great day!:)

- Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Like anything else, its possible that you got a bad iPhone, but a replacement should not present the same problem. If multiple devices present the same problem, its likely a issue outside of the phones. Do other phones and devices work in the same environment?

Anyway, if Apple had too numerous issues with their products, they wouldn't be selling them in the volume that they are doing. So isolated issues are hard to avoid, but usually dealt properly by Apple (enough research done about this aspect)..

As far as the BBC investigations and all that, it has nothing to do with any technical issues, so let's keep those topics to a minimum here..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.