Where is all of my memory going?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had this problem before. I am downloading a ton of music and movies. There should only be about 55 Gigs used, but it says that I have 100Gigs used.

Does anybody know the program that shows me the size of each folder in my hard drive? I have a feeling that I am backing these files up and I want to find where they are being backed up...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Right Click on the folder and select "Get Info" (or just select the folder, then press APPLE+I)... that will give you the folder "size"

OP
nutz46
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was actually looking for the program that scans the entire hard drive and puts the folders in order from largest to smallest...

I have used it before, but it was a while back on my old computer and I forget the name of it...

Reaction score
You can see all the sizes of all the folders within a particular folder.

Open the folder containing all the folders and go to "View" in the menu bar. Choose "Show View Options," then click on "This window only" at the top, and "Calculate all sizes" at the bottom. Close it, then under View again, choose "as List."

The computer will show, to the right of their names, the sizes of all the folders.

Edit: If there are a bunch of folders, and rather than adding them all up, put the surrounding folder inside another folder that's set up under View the same way.

Reaction score
Use Spotlight to find backups, then delete them..

this happened to me several times when i had 2 or 3 7.5 gb dvd files on my HDD, so this will eat up memory quick!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.