Where Can I Find...

Reaction score
..a Mac OS X Tiger Server retail disc?

I'm considering on putting my decommissioned Power Mac G4 back to use for server stuff..and to educate myself on server management. Though what exactly can I do with Mac OS X Tiger Server? I know there's a Mail client, and iChat client, as well as Access Control Lists (presumably for network user and password management?), Gateway Setup Assistant and Servers for Software Update. And that it is 64-bit.

What about iTunes? I heard some people have taken upon an older Mac and turned it into an iTunes server.

I'm not interested in managing an entire home network (at the moment, I'm leaving that decision up to my Dad), but I do want to test what I can do with my Mac Mini. Then again, I really don't know what I'm talking about here either..;D

OP
C
Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Strange. . . any reason he won't? Both are very secure, and I have bought from eBay several times with all positive results.

OP
C
Reaction score
Strange. . . any reason he won't? Both are very secure, and I have bought from eBay several times with all positive results.

I think it was because of the somewhat bad experience he last had when he bought something from Amazon. I don't remember what it was though, or why.

When I asked him why he didn't feel comfortable enough to buy something (use or new) from Amazon, he didn't answer me.

I don't have the experience of buying off the internet (other than through mean of iTunes Store and a weather station among other things, but not from auction sites).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Hmm, well that discomfort is completely understandable. Are there any computer stores near you other than the biggies like Best Buy, Circuit City etc? There's a small authorized Apple retailer near my house. Forgot the name it. If there are such stores near you, give them a call and see if they still have a sever disc for 10.4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.