where are my icons?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 Powerbook & 80g iPod classic
Sometimes, the icons disappear on applications in my finder. If they aren't gone, they are switched out with some other random app icon. The switched icons are from the MS office suite for mac, and they are switched with freeware apps icons. I usually goes away after a while and it doesn't affect how the applications work. Just the icon in the preview pane. Any thoughts?

J

Jefe3223

the same thing happened to me for awhile.
I repaired permissions first (Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility; Select your system partition, hit repair permissions). That did most of it...I also think I had a wierd program that caused it (some shapeshifter esc thing). I deleted any shifty programs and ran repair permissions and have had it only happen once (like the day after) since. I hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
The above post should help. Any problems after that may be resolved with a reboot in single user terminal (restart w/Apple+ S) and in that terminal type /sbin/fsck -fy until the **file system changed** message is not displayed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.