When you ordered your powerbook from Apple.com....

D

dgheba

I recently ordered a powerbook from apple.com, first time (very excited), its nice etc etc, ill spare the tech details (mmmmhay).
But the tracking number turned up something odd....
...my powerbook is in Shanghai, China??? Is that where manufacturing takes place??
And now it says due to "off-loading" my package is being delayed??

So my question is, when everyone ordered their powerbook from Apple.com, did yours come from Shanghai? If, it did, was it a long delivery time, and did a did it ever say that your package was an "exception" on ups.com?
....cant wait to get it....
/driving me nutz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Shanghai....everything I have ordered has come several days before the estimated date of delivery and I live in New York so its not like I am in alaska gettin git

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Buying One Soon...
Both my Powerbook and the iPod mini I bought my brother came from Shanghai China.

OP
B

Bwoody06

Yeah Apple out sourced everything to make it cheaper. Alot of companies have been doing that, to save cost. Mostly anything that takes building from apple comes from shanghai,china. The only thing i dont know is if they send all there stuff from there.

OP
D

doval

Same Plane

Your PB must be on the same plane as mine :) I have the same message when I track mine, and I am NY like the previous poster so I hope mine comes in a few days sooner than later.

Bwoody06 said:
Yeah Apple out sourced everything to make it cheaper. Alot of companies have been doing that, to save cost. Mostly anything that takes building from apple comes from shanghai,china. The only thing i dont know is if they send all there stuff from there.

OP
T

titan0111

My PB was also shipped from China...

it was shipped on 15th...and I received it on 17th...

China to Virginia, U.S.A. in 2 days...

I was very impressed...

and Congratz on your new PB...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
Mine also came in about 3 days, from China. You'll love your PB, I'm just starting to get to know it a little better :yinyang:

OP
D

doval

I wish I could find out what the hang-up is with my shipment. It has been stuck for 3-4 days now with the same message from the UPS tracking page. "packages offloaded by airline causing delays" great!

OP
D

dgheba

Yeah, so i called UPS today, they said scheduled delivery date is Thursday the 24th by the end of the day. She also mentioned that when that message is displayed, not all packages are continuously scanned...meaning that the package COULD be in transit, only it does not indicate such.....so wait till thursday, if it doesnt come then all you that ordered from Apple and have that message, then call UPS and have them track it.

DERNIT I WANT MY POWERBOOK!!!!!! *sobs in the corner loudly*

OP
D

doval

Thanks..I think I will call UPS also to see if I am in the same situation. 'cause I want my 'puter!

OP
D

doval

Well, I called and was told the same thing. Hopefully I will see my PB by end of business Thursday also. woohoo!

OP
J

jessica

I am in california and it took 5 days from date of shipment to get to me. 5 business days that is. It arrived on a Friday and then Fedex wouldn't release it until Monday because that was the true delivery date.

OP
D

dgheba

YES, UPS finally updated transit, its now in Kentucky! looks like im getting it tomorrow, HOT **** i cant wait to try out that faaaaancy silver doohicky :batman:

OP
I

iDVFH.

When my iBook was shipped around December 26th, it came from California..everyone else got theirs shipped from Shanghai..did they just have a few laying around in the Apple store in California? I upgraded a few things in it so I couldn't have just been shipped with stock features..also..the package it came in was so cheap..the box was as thin as a piece of oak tag..the box even had a dent on it..

OP
D

doval

It's here and I am posting with it right now...very sweet machine. I am glad so far that I made the switch back to MAC's from years of PC's.

OP
D

dgheba

yep, i got mine too, posting on it as well.....good stuff, wish it came with an s-video cord though....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.