When will b emac's turn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
g5 should be out soon.

OP
N

Nightblade

Look at it this way. The iMac G5 is very compact, so obviously Apple achieved their goal of putting a G5 processor in a small computer, right? Not entirely. A PowerBook would be even more compact than an iMac G5, and they still can't make the processor THAT compact. However, an eMac is a CRT computer that's not small at all, and MUCH less compact than an iMac G5. Even though Apple apparently doesn't have the technology yet to make a PowerBook G5, they almost certainly do have the technology to make an eMac G5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'd be very surprised if Apple puts a G5 in an emac anytime in the near future. I personally think that the emac in it's current form is done with, if it's not just discontinues altogether.

OP
T

The mac 13

schweb said:
I'd be very surprised if Apple puts a G5 in an emac anytime in the near future. I personally think that the emac in it's current form is done with, if it's not just discontinues altogether.

Ya dude. Acordint to http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/ its has about 20 days plus plus for its proodcut update.. hmm..since emacs are crt, imac becames"cinema display" macs, i think that the next emac, wil look like a cinema display. interesting..

Off note, guess what? i just instaled sp 2!lol :( :mad: :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I was talking to a guy at an apple store and he says apple is trying to phase out the eMac so they won't be doing any more upgrades to them

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
The eMac will be burnt with a flame-thrower, shot with an M-60, and toasted in Steve Job's toaster.

Oddly, his toaster is shaped like a cube...

OP
T

The mac 13

trpnmonkey41 said:
I was talking to a guy at an apple store and he says apple is trying to phase out the eMac so they won't be doing any more upgrades to them

Man thats sad.. no more cheap macs(desktop) :(

Sp2..hmm.. at first restart slows down comp.. after many restarts no prob..change its start up screen.. weird.. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Absolute Zero said:
The eMac will be burnt with a flame-thrower, shot with an M-60, and toasted in Steve Job's toaster.

Oddly, his toaster is shaped like a cube...

Hmm...I see your point...
Maybe a small, cubic, screenless and inexpensive entry-level Mac? :D
Would be great, and surely get Apple a lot of new customers.

I was thinking about the next eMac being the same as the iMac G5, but without the screen. Same housing, standing as slimline tower, the slot-in side being the front, and the connectors moved... that would be really cool! :)

sidenote@The mac 13:
Do you really seriously think that anybody here cares about SP2??? Did you realize that this is a Mac forum??
I mean, I'm a "hybrid" user (means i use Macs and PC) but if I want to discuss Win stuff, I go to a Win forum...obviously...

OP
B

Badger

Mac Os Rumors (www.macosrumors.com) predicts that the eMac will be speed bumped, with more features and more graphics performance. IMO I don't see Apple dropping the only entry-level & education market machine that they have. To compete in those markets they would have to come up with a comparable machine at a similar price point. The current eMac can easily be updated.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Badger said:
Mac Os Rumors (www.macosrumors.com) predicts that the eMac will be speed bumped, with more features and more graphics performance. IMO I don't see Apple dropping the only entry-level & education market machine that they have. To compete in those markets they would have to come up with a comparable machine at a similar price point. The current eMac can easily be updated.
ahahahaha
ahahaha
AHAHAHAH

I don't think MacOS rumors is a good source... they seem to never get anything right... :-\

OP
V

VastDeathmaster

I think Apple will hang onto the eMac just to have a system they can trot out every time someone complains that Apple doesn't sell inexpense computers. Right now, you can't get any other Apple computer for less than $1100 unless you go dumpster diving or find one used. Now, if Apple can sell its iBinFramed computer for sub $1000 then they might get rid of the eMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.