• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What's wrong with this picture?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
This is a page from a children's book about Bill Gates. There is a picture on page 74 that seems a little odd.
Here is the link to a photo of the page: Linky

Now... look at it closely and read the copy printed on the page.
Then see if you can find anything wrong with it.

:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
LOL, that's great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
This is a page from a children's book about Bill Gates. There is a picture on page 74 that seems a little odd.
Here is the link to a photo of the page: Linky

Now... look at it closely and read the copy printed on the page.
Then see if you can find anything wrong with it.

:black:

Is that serious? Nice "Windows" Machine, hahah

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
wow.

is that the same book that states that Al Gore invented the internet?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Good old IIGS. Nice Windows machine there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Is it just me, or does that keyboard look like one of the more recent Apple keyboards?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Here is a pic of a IIGS setup. Looks like same keyboard.

250px-Appleiigs_computer.jpg

Reaction score
M$'s usual crock.
I have an astronomy book inside a cardboard box in storage, buried under a ton of other books in cardboard boxes, that was published in 1906. The author talks about a U.S. university's giant telescope that is so big, it can only be steered by a control that fits in the palm of your hand and is called — wait for it — wait for it — a mouse.

I don't know whether Engelbart knew of this thing or whether anyone knew of it after all those years. The guts inside might be different enough for a legit patent, but he sure as blazes didn't invent the name. And I also wonder whether the memory of this turn-of-the-20th-century mouse was purposly buried. Engelbart certainly gained fame and awards for inventing it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Saw this on Digg earlier, I can't see anyone losing their Job over it. Let's face it, it's only "g33ks" that are going to spot that. From the text it doesn't appear to be aimed at the most intelligent of people, so it's worth a few little chuckles.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
M$'s usual crock.I have an astronomy book inside a cardboard box in storage, buried under a ton of other books in cardboard boxes, that was published in 1906. The author talks about a U.S. university's giant telescope that is so big, it can only be steered by a control that fits in the palm of your hand and is called — wait for it — wait for it — a mouse.

I don't know whether Engelbart knew of this thing or whether anyone knew of it after all those years. The guts inside might be different enough for a legit patent, but he sure as blazes didn't invent the name. And I also wonder whether the memory of this turn-of-the-20th-century mouse was purposly buried. Engelbart certainly gained fame and awards for inventing it.
I'm pretty sure that that "mouse" was what we now call a "joystick." (Though probably a lot stubbier than the modern fighter-plane-style joystick.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't know what's worse, the Apple in the pic, or the fact that there's a children's book like this in existence!! Is this for real or someone's idea of a good joke?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.