what's going on?

Reaction score
I keep uploading my photos to iphoto (auto doing it) but if I move files or anything it auto converts it to jpeg (even though I want to keep it in raw). If I drag and drop the raw file to cs4 it wont open it in raw I have to open cs4 and find the file. Please help I want to keep my raw files raw and auto open as raw in cs4 I'm completely new to mac, and never had this problem with my other cs4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Your not supposed to be dragging and dropping, or working directly with your image files when they're in iPhoto. You're only supposed to work with them through iPhoto. If you want to get a file out of iPhoto's Library, you are supposed to Export it out using iPhoto's Export function. If you use an external editor, like Photoshop, you can't save your edited files directly back to iPhoto. You need to save them to a intermediate location, like a Desktop folder, then Import them back into iPhoto using iPhoto's Import function. Hope this helps.

C

chas_m

The OP may want to look at the my signature line for a program that will leave RAW files RAW and pass them to CS4 (or whatever) unaltered.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.