• Welcome to the new Mac-Forums. See News and Community Announcements for more details.

What's going on with my iPod?

P

Perniks

I just bought a 60 GB iPod Photo...I loaded all my music and pictures onto it and then went to listen to it. My pictures are showing up, but none of my music is! I plugged it back into my computer and it says that all the music is on it...what's going on here?

iWhat

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
You might want to press the select button and the menu button to reset the iPod photo. Or you might want to download the update and completely wipe the hard drive clean on the iPod photo. Then sync up the iPod photo again.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
Perniks said:
I just bought a 60 GB iPod Photo...I loaded all my music and pictures onto it and then went to listen to it. My pictures are showing up, but none of my music is! I plugged it back into my computer and it says that all the music is on it...what's going on here?

How did you load the music? You can NOT just copy it there from the desktop, You have to load it with Itunes. If you just drag it to the desktop Ipod Icon it will not show up in the Ipod playlist.

P

Perniks

iWhat said:
You might want to press the select button and the menu button to reset the iPod photo. Or you might want to download the update and completely wipe the hard drive clean on the iPod photo. Then sync up the iPod photo again.
Thanks a lot-i reset it and now it's working great

iWhat

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
That's great! Glad it worked.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
Glad what IWhat said worked for you.

The reason I mentioned what I did is I see people with Ipods who used to have Irivers and think you can just drag music to the desktop icon and have the songs show up. I see it way too many times. Glad yours was just a reset problem.