Whats Better Intel PC or a macintosh Imac..etc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Slammin_SoSo said:
Well I was just annoyed like u all were with the queston.
:(

Sorry for that...
The problem in fact is that we had this question or similar questions over and over again, and everytime it made turn up those Mac and PC fanboys flaming the thread. After a while, that gets pretty annoying, and just fills up the forum with nonsense posts...

I can understand why you want to compare, but really, the only way is to try it out. There are advantages on both sides, and I myself do prefer Macs by far, but that's my personal opinion. And it all always depends on what you want to do, and on what you like or don't like.
The fact that you want to know more about "the other world" already is a good sign ;)
One of the most valuable advantages is that a Mac definitely lasts longer...I had a couple of PCs before, and after at latest 1 year, I was forced to upgrade it to be able to run an actual OS to compliant with the standards.
You'd be surprised how good Mac OS X 10.3 (the actual OS version) runs on a 6 year old G4 450MHz. Give it enough RAM, and it'll work fine.
Mac OS X made old Macs running faster, with every new revision. Windows makes older hardware very slow, even incompatible sometimes.
On the other hand, some software simply doesn't exist in Mac OS X, making the Mac not being an option in some industries. For example, I work with AutoCAD and CATIA at work...there is nothing similar or compatible for the Mac.

Hope that helped a little... ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.