• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

What would ya offer me for $500 CDN?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I'm in the midst of closing a deal on my PC and am looking to get another Mac for audio purposes..

What would any one here offer me for $500 CDN (including shipping)? I am just trying to see what I can get for this kind of money.

I'd *like* to get something Intel, and portable.. If that's not asking too much. I haven't bought a Mac since my G4 Powerbook 3 years ago, sooo I'm a bit out of the loop on what used goods go for.

Anyways, like I said, I am just trying to get an idea of what $500 dollars would get me.

Thanks every one!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Well... I currently have a 2008 MacBook for sale locally for $525 US.

- 2008 MacBook
- 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo
- 2 gig ram (upgradeable to 6 gig)
- 160 gig HD
- OS 10.7.1
- original box
- original OS install discs

The battery is basically brand new...only has a cycle count of 5 on it.

I usually like to sell locally (no shipping, no Paypal fees, and buyer gets to see it before buying...so they're 100% happy with it). But I would probably be willing to sell it to a trusted Mac-Forums member!:)

Not sure I can do exactly $500 CDN...since shipping to Canada can be pricey (must go air...no ground)...but maybe we can work something out if you're interested.

Here are some photos:

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

- Nick

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If I had the $$$ right now Nick, I would snap that up! My ibook is too old! :D

Good luck Audio-Trench.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If I had the $$$ right now Nick, I would snap that up! My ibook is too old! :D

It's really a great little 13" MacBook.:) You don't really see the 2.4ghz version very often (at least I don't). Usually see the 2.0 & 2.1ghz versions.

My wife upgraded to a slightly newer MacBook (a 2009 version)...so we're trying to recoup some $$$ from that purchase.

The display bezel, the topcase, and the battery (cycle count of 5) are basically brand new (had everything replaced by Apple for free after we bought it).:)

- Nick

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
It's really a great little 13" MacBook.:) You don't really see the 2.4ghz version very often (at least I don't). Usually see the 2.0 & 2.1ghz versions.

My wife upgraded to a slightly newer MacBook (a 2009 version)...so we're trying to recoup some $$$ from that purchase.

The display bezel, the topcase, and the battery (cycle count of 5) are basically brand new (had everything replaced by Apple for free after we bought it).:)

- Nick

20111022-e2jyj4rarmb1hi2jrqgkdsk2mb.jpg

:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 16/500/2.3GHz, iPad 4 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB
Where are you located Nick?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
That is a really decent deal on a MacBook. I would think that would be snapped up on craigslist fast...

Reaction score

- Nick

is that a unibody?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.