what was it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
that did it for you. what was the biggest draw for switching? as an apple lifer, im interested in seeing the new draw to macs.

H

hokiethang

I have had a distaste for windows for a while, and with OS X including UNIX, i could finally justify spending the money on a new apple machine. Windows has gotten so bloated and full of useless crap, that i wanted a system that could run (and develop software) without having to install 5 - 7 gigs of software. The free developer tools with OS X also were a nice draw, as visual studio .net is like $200 to students, and $700+ after college.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
For me was when OS X came out, because it allowed me to completely get away from Windows. Before OS X there were just certain things that the Mac could not do and the PC could. I was a very very very happy man once OS X came out and instead of having to work on two more more computers, including *nix systems.. I could do everything on one computer.. it was a very exhilerating moment!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
I switched from OS9 to OSX because of UNIX :)

though, ive been an apple lifer as well. :D

OP
MacAddikt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
ya, you dont count

F

Fomer

Win....blows.

If it wasnt for mac, I was going to leave the cyber world I couldn't take windows anymore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.