What to do with old iMac?

Reaction score
I have a 2007 iMac. GPU out, but had already upgraded HD to 2TB and 4GB RAM. What should I do with it? Can the GPU be replaced, and where/what should I put in (ATI Radeon HD 2600 256MB?) Otherwise, does anyone have any other ideas? Seems like it should have some value still. I was looking for home server options, don't think this is it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I have a 2007 iMac. GPU out, but had already upgraded HD to 2TB and 4GB RAM. What should I do with it? Can the GPU be replaced, and where/what should I put in (ATI Radeon HD 2600 256MB?) Otherwise, does anyone have any other ideas? Seems like it should have some value still. I was looking for home server options, don't think this is it.

Here's the guide from iFixit for replacing the GPU in a 2007 20" iMac:
Installing iMac Intel 20" EMC 2133 and 2210 Video Card - iFixit

The 24" model should be comparable. You can find a compatible card here:
iMac Intel Video Card : DV Warehouse, Your single source for your all digital video needs!

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks, I may do that. Thinking of mounting it above my bar, or giving it to my son when he gets old enough.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.