What is wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
So I am using Carbon Copy Cloner. I have used it before, and the first time i used it, it worked perfectly when I installed my HD. Well, after some issues, I have wiped the HD, reinstalled OS X Lion, and used CCC to put everything back on. I have not once changed it's settings. It transferred some stuff over, but not my apps ect. Why is this? I then tried to change the settings so it would transfer them but it won't. How can I fix this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know what went wrong but you can override the transfer by moving the applications and files back manually. You have to first boot from the CCC clone and do a drag and copy of what may be missing. I've done that before and it works.

Also, CCC by itself is not a good backup strategy. You really need to be running both CCC and Time Machine. A CCC clone is bootable and that's an advantage but Time Machine provides a more efficient and smoother way to restore data.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
My computer is back in action! Thank you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.