What gives!?

Reaction score
Has it always been the case that Office for Mac Student Edition did not have Exchange Server Support for Entourage? I use entourage everyday on the exchange server where I work. My brother recently purchased Office for Mac 08 and I he let me use one of the installs. I was ticked when I found out it Entourage won't work with the exchange server! Darn microsoft!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Has it always been the case that Office for Mac Student Edition did not have Exchange Server Support for Entourage? I use entourage everyday on the exchange server where I work. My brother recently purchased Office for Mac 08 and I he let me use one of the installs. I was ticked when I found out it Entourage won't work with the exchange server! Darned microsoft!
According to Window's Mac webstie ( www.mactopia.com ), entourage has exchange support...

Here is a help topic about troubleshooting entourage not connecting to exchange...:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.m...-US&usid=a797ee84-d9de-4559-a32d-1d62954e2533

OP
C
Reaction score
The 2008 Home and Student Edition does not support exchange servers. I actually have the program open now where it imported all the data from the older version of Entourage and it says "Not Supported" right next to my Exchange Server Inbox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
The 2008 Home and Student Edition does not support exchange servers. I actually have the program open now where it imported all the data from the older version of Entourage and it says "Not Supported" right next to my Exchange Server Inbox
Wow... That is really dumb on Microsoft's part then.

Do they think that schools/students do not use exchange...

If you really need exchange support (which it sounds like you do), you will either have to reinstall the older version, or spend more money to get a version of Office 08' that supports exchange...

OP
C
Reaction score
Wow... That is really dumb on Microsoft's part then.

Do they think that schools/students do not use exchange...

If you really need exchange support (which it sounds like you do), you will either have to reinstall the older version, or spend more money to get a version of Office 08' that supports exchange...

Exactly!!

Fortunately, I did not delete the old Office software so I am still using the older version of Entourage. I dont know that I feel like coughing up the extra dough for the upgraded version. The old Entourage is still much better than new Outlook.;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.