Is it good?
Does it do what they say he do?
And, isnt there any other program that doesnt cost me 399dolars!!! :radioacti

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
What Mac are you using?

Virtual PC will not work on Intel Macs.

I don't have any personal expierience with Virtual PC on a ppc Mac, but have heard it is less than stellar.

If you do have an Intel Mac... check out: PARALLELS
for $79.99 (USD)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
VPC sucks, don't wast your time.

OP
M
Reaction score
no, i dont have an intel mac!
well, it was a form for me tu use dvd shrink.. but i see that it doesnt worth it :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I use VPC for testing websites in Internet Explorer, that's about all it's good for.

Reaction score
ditto surfwax, I have run it on several PPC Macs with plenty of ram and it is a dog. I use when I have to, it always works and it never fails to disappoint! :bomb:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you just need it for DVDShrink, then do what Zoolook said, use a Mac program that does the same thing :black:

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you just need it for DVDShrink, then do what Zoolook said, use a Mac program that does the same thing :black:

There is no Mac program that will do, both in function and in speed what the windows world has available in DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter and DVDFab Decrypter. If you are without an XP machine, your best bet is to run XP under Bootcamp.

At this time Mactheripper takes double the time of DVD Shrink under Bootcamp. Plus, unlike DVD Shrink which will quit when it has a problem and is unable to rip a particular DVD, MTR will run for an hour as if it is working only to find out it was a no go. I have not used MTR's new beta, so I do not know where it is heading, but I believe the development team is working diligently on it and may in the future have a product superior to DVD shrink.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I understand that (which is why I use my PC for ripping DVDs), but he has a PPC Mac, so Boot Camp and Parallels are out of the question. Also, VirtualPC is horrendously slow, so any speed benefits he might get from DVD Shrink go out the window.

I personally use Handbrake to make small portable versions of movies to watch on my Macbook since I don't need such high quality for a 13" screen (not to mention the limited hard drive space).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
if you emulate this type of program in a vpc type of way it is going to be slower than a dead man running a mile....okay so you need to use two programs in order to rip and then compress/burn your movie, it isnt the end of the world
-chris

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
There is no Mac program that will do, both in function and in speed what the windows world has available in DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter and DVDFab Decrypter. If you are without an XP machine, your best bet is to run XP under Bootcamp.

At this time Mactheripper takes double the time of DVD Shrink under Bootcamp. Plus, unlike DVD Shrink which will quit when it has a problem and is unable to rip a particular DVD, MTR will run for an hour as if it is working only to find out it was a no go. I have not used MTR's new beta, so I do not know where it is heading, but I believe the development team is working diligently on it and may in the future have a product superior to DVD shrink.

Good points, but Mactheripper is faster than DVDShrink on a virtual PC/PPC setup.

The Mac does lack some decent ripping software, although once it has been ripped, QT Pro will do a reasonable job of converting to almost any codec you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.