what do i do?

C

cplayo

my 15 inch powerbook should be arriving pretty soon, i am just trying to a heads up on what it is that i should do when i recieve the laptop. - thanks chirs

OP
D

daxdagr8t

open it up and marvel to its beauty.heheehehe.its up 2 u 2 wat u want to do.u can re-install the os, configure it, play with, heck its upto u to decide but ill recomend u run software update to update ur software. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Before turning it on just plug it in. You can use it while its doing its first charge but having the first charge completed is important for battery life

OP
C

cplayo

is this where i callibrate the battery? do i charge it, then let it drain, and then charge again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
AFAIK the first full charge is quite important, I have even heard that it's better to not fully diss charge

OP
M

MoltenLava

You need to fully charge and then fully discharge the first time you use the computer for battery calibration. It's explained in the manual why.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
witeshark said:
I have even heard that it's better to not fully diss charge

Ignore this piece of advice, and read the manual instead. There you will find that it says it's quite important to fully discharge the battery within the first week or two of ownership.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I never claimed that my post was advise, I posted what I heard and suggestion to read the manual was already posted here but this to end any doubt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
Long live Lithium Ion batteries huh? I remember the NiCad days of 386 laptops when you had to be careful not to overcharge, or run it dead, or top it up too much, etc. All this and the battery on provided an hour's charge at best, when it was brand new.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.