Welcome to the New Mac-Forums

krs

Reaction score
The site logo in the top left corner. The design itself is great, but it's very fuzzy. On the Facebook page, you can see how nice and crisp it is at its full size

Is this what you see?
When I compare the two logos, the one on the forum (left) looks slightly less crisp than the facebook one (right) - but not by a lot.

PS: Such a pleasure how easy it is to insert an image :)

MacForumLogo.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
All in all very nicely done, guys. There's one thing I want to point out, it's actually been a long time one but worth mentioning now. The site logo in the top left corner.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's something to look at in the future. I believe we have been using that particular logo ever since the forums were organized back in 2003-2004. That was when Macs were still using CRT displays. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Is this what you see?
When I compare the two logos, the one on the forum (left) looks slightly less crisp than the facebook one (right) - but not by a lot.

PS: Such a pleasure how easy it is to insert an image :)

View attachment 31854

Nope. I don't know where that one on the right came from, but here's the one I see on the FB page:

(outdated link removed)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Thanks for the suggestion. It's something to look at in the future. I believe we have been using that particular logo ever since the forums were organized back in 2003-2004. That was when Macs were still using CRT displays. :)

It was updated several years ago as part of the site redesign, taking cues from Apple's change to the "X" logo from a serif-inspired font to sans-serif. Here's the old one:

logo.gif

krs

Reaction score
Interesting - the top logo (which LB posted) is cut off when I click on the link google gives me - I see this because the scroll bar has moved:

Mac Forums Facebook.jpg

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can you delete the old Facebook page?

Unfortunately no.:( If we could access it to delete it...we would continue using it.

I still get the old one even with your new link and having emptied the cache in Firefox.

I tried 3 times...I get the correct Facebook page each time.:)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I believe only Dennis can delete it as he originally set it up, unless it's a different page than the original one.

krs

Reaction score
Hmmm.........

I tried with chrome and that gives me what I think is the right page.

Seems as if clearing the cache on FF either didn't work or Facebook is doing something funny.
The URL of the new Mac Forum Facebook page is different, so why do I end up on the same old Mac Forum FB page with the new URL when using FF.
One of the mysteries of Cyberspace -

Actually, looking closer - the information, text etc. on the "old" facebook page, of which I posted an image above, is the same as the new facebook page just rearranged in a different format.
The most recent post
Rumors are circulating that Apple in 2nd half of 2020 may be releasing an 11" iPad and 23" iMac (new sizes for both product lines).

is the same on both.

Seems once you have a facebook page you have it forever and a day :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I found the same thing happening when I accessed the old URL. It seems when you click on the old URL it forwards to the new one. I'm not sure why it does that but it may be because the page was originally set up as a group page rather than individual. Just my guess.... ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Very much like being able to drop an image into a thread - fast and no need to resize. Thank you.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
All in all, this has been an outstanding success.

It will evolve, and tweaks here and there will assure its development.

A job well done.

Ian

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Nick, the RSS feed seems to be dominating the "New Posts" at the moment. I had ro go to the second page this morning to find one post from an OP yesterday. I'm starting to consider removing the feed in my settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Rod, that is what I did. However, that also removed the RSS Forum from view altogether. I don't mind that as I almost never read an RSS posting, but if you read some of them, be aware that it appears to be all or none.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@Rod:

We understand that some folks are not interested in the RSS forum posts or the News postings. However, we can not separate individual forum posts from the RSS ones. That is the reason you may have to go to page 3 or any page that contains posts from other than the Bot. And since the posts are lined up in the order that they are received, you may have to sort thru several pages.

And as Jake stated, if you unsubscribe, you will not see any of the RSS or News feed posts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 2020 Ventura 13.6 M1 chip 251GB; iPhone SE 3rd gen 128GB; iPad Air2, 64GB
Hello everyone. No doubt you have seen Mac-Forums has a new look & feel. In some respects it should look & feel familiar...but in other ways there are differences.

* You'll find posting new threads & replying to threads should for the most part be intuitive & familiar.
* Private Messages (called "Conversations" by the new forum software)...should be significantly more rich than the previous PM system.
* Uploading & inserting images into threads/posts should be much easier & more straightforward.
* In the upper right of most pages you'll see a "Post Thread"button. This button is especially useful on the Forum Home Page...since sometimes (especially for new members)...figuring out how to post a thread can be confusing (at first). If the "Post Thread" button is clicked on the forum home page...a window containing a mini version of all topic areas on the home page opens up. Then a person selects the topic area they wish to post in.

View attachment 31737

* We are especially pleased to offer multiple forum themes/styles. In the bottom left corner of any forum page can be found a "Style Chooser". Click on it...and you'll find that currently there are 3 styles/themes to choose from:

- A "Traditional" Mac-Forums style (close to the look of the previous Mac-Forums).
- A "Traditional 2.0" Mac-Forums style (a slightly tweaked version of the Traditional style).
- A Mac-Forums "Dark Style". A much different Mac-Forums Dark look.

View attachment 31738

Have fun exploring things.:)
Just want to thank all the regulars for all their hard work and help. This community has helped me so many times! I try to help when I can, but compared to y'all I don't know much!

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just want to thank all the regulars for all their hard work and help. This community has helped me so many times! I try to help when I can, but compared to y'all I don't know much!

Awesome...glad you like it. And thanks for the help...all help is greatly appreciated.:)

It takes all of us to jump in with discussions to help with both Q&A and non-Q&A topics. The more community help there is...the faster questions get answered (don't we all love it when when get fast answers)!:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.