Weird light on 15 inch late 2008 to early 2009 MacBook Pro.

Reaction score
I have had troubles after my original battery expanded and I bought an unofficial MacBook Pro battery. The green charged led on the plugin stays on and there is no Amber/orange light stating that the battery is charging. The laptop worked last year perfectly with the original battery.
Thanks,
Taggerun

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
The green light on my cord means that the battery is fully charged and if I use it on mains all the time it stays green. It's only orange when i plug in after running the battery down away from a power source. What does your taskbar say about the battery %?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Maybe the expanded battery caused damage that wasn't expected or seen…or the replacement battery is no good. I just replaced the battery in a 2010 13" MacBook Pro with an non-Apple replacement battery…and everything went super!!!:)

By the way. How much % charge is currently on the new battery?

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.