Webcam chat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
Ok I'm brand new to the MAC world. My fiance lives in SC for now and I'm in Hawaii so we webcam alot. I found a aMSN app from searching and wanted to know if this would work? She is on a PC. If not is there any way for us to WEBCAM between MAC and PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
just use Skype, works like a charm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
yup, aMSN will work from mac to pc...
I use it all the time. good little app but the UI isnt the best!!

OP
Gary86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
is it free and does it have video. Never used it, always MSN, loks like time to change

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
yup, aMSN is free...

LINK

dude.... dont bother signing up to skype if u both got msn
really not worth it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
true, if you and your fiance both already have aMSN, go for aMSN ... I never intended for this to become a debate about aMSN vs. Skype :D sorry for that

OP
Gary86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
me either man, thank you both for your input, I'm brand new to the MAC always been PC (love mac btw) so I wanted to get the experts input

thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB, 4GB RAM 500GB Hardrive
Just double checking, because I am in the same boat, that aMSN is safe? Like it works and everything? I know its a weird question to ask because macs dont get viruses, but I am a new PC convert, and by new I mean that I got my mac just this morning.
I downloaded MSN live messenger and was very disappointed at the lack of webcam, it doesnt make sense to me, considering macs come with a built in camera...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
me either man, thank you both for your input, I'm brand new to the MAC always been PC (love mac btw) so I wanted to get the experts input

thanks again

If u want to take it a step further you can go to MeBeam.com and do a Multi Party Inter Platform chat - u could host on the Mac and invite in a couple of PCs to the chat. Have not tested recently but used to be better audio using that site with Skype for the Audio.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.