Washing the Included Cleaning Cloth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook White 2GB RAM
I hate to start a whole thread on this, but I just don't know. I use the cloth provided by Apple to wipe off my screen and it does well, but I figure I'll need to wash it eventually. Should I just wash it out by hand with water, or could I throw in in the washer?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Throw it away when it no longer cleans the screen as it should. Washing will turn it into an ordinary wipe rag. You can purchase screen wipes at most places like Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc. They're not expensive.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5/15"/4gb/250sata
There is a cloth? Hmmm I better find my box lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
I got these at my local apple store. They are like throw away wipes that work even better in my opinion. And they aren't too costly. Check it out:http://www.klearscreen.com/

OP
nackteziege
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook White 2GB RAM
There is a cloth? Hmmm I better find my box lol

Lol, yes, and people like my mother mistake it for a mousepad.

Will any cloth work, or is a particular kind recommended?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I had some sham cloths sitting around, which I use to wipe my vinyl records with, they work a charm on my MBP's screen. I also use a bit of spray lens cleaner for the occasional spot of muck. Works great. You can buy cheap sham cloths at an auto parts store etc.. They're the no lint, no static kind.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.