warranty(weird story)

Reaction score
hey guys, would appreciate ur help concerning my problem.
Well i own MacBook (bought 9 months ago, unibody) so i noticed small hair cracks which are gettin bigger(i attached image)so was wondering if apple repairs it on warranty... BUT! meanwhile my drunk friend managed to burn the hole(!) (leaving the candle behind it) in my mac close to apple logo(plastic melted and looks really ugly, tho everything is working)
Is it worth bothering apple asking to do something about cracks? or warranty is lost now? :(

thx!

IMAG0258.jpg

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Can't hurt to ask. The worst they can do is say "no".

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is it worth bothering apple asking to do something about cracks? or warranty is lost now?

Those cracks are generally caused by "over-opening" the MacBooks display (forcing the display to open further/at a greater angle...then it was designed for). Of course this can happen accidentally as well.

So it depends on how Apple views this...a "user error/abuse" sort of thing...or something that they'll repair under warranty.

Like "cwa107" mentioned...it can't hurt to ask.:)

Good luck,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.