Waiting for Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I'll be purchasing a Macbook Pro this summer for college next year, and that will have Tiger on it. I then noticed that Leopard comes out in October, and i started wondering, should i wait until Leopard to come out to get the laptop? What are your opinions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Is waiting an extra few months worth $129? If so, then by all means wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
And what if it gets pushed back to Christmas?

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
True, i minus well just buy it then. Alright, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
when it comes to tech gear I tend to wait for a generation to pass before buying especially when purchasing mac gear, not that it is poorly made, although I believe some things are, it is that it takes time to remove the kinks from the system... I don't think anything is wrong with Tiger, but if you just want something new because it is new, then you should wait....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
As a college student you can probably get a discount on leopard too. I know you can get tiger right now for $60 or so with a student discount.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
Hey guys, does anybody knows if this student discount is available for non-us residents?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
I'm not sure, I know apple's site only allows you to input State when it asks what College or University you attend. It's possible though and would seem likely that they would offer a discount still to other countries.

Reaction score
Go to the Canadian website (apple.ca instead of apple.com). They have educational discounts there, although I'm not sure what the discount is for any of the software. (Or do a google search for "apple" and the name of your country to see if there's a website specifically set up for your country.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.