Wacom Intuos 3 Version Mismatch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iMac, iPhone 5, iPod Touch, iPad 3rd Gen, AppleTV
Mac OS is OS X Yosemite V10.10 and for years have been using my Intuos 3 tablet without any hiccups. Since installing Yosemite, my shortcuts have disappeared on the tablet and preferences can no longer be found in System Preferences. I removed drivers and reinstalled latest ones downloaded from Wacom site. Still no luck. At least icon for Wacom tablet now appears in System Preferences, but when I click to open and change settings, error message is: Version Mismatch. Please reinstall the tablet software. AAARRRGGGH! Have done this several times.
Anyone? Help!

Reaction score
I can confirm same problem. Have had my Intous 3 since it came out and have used it ever since without any issues. And looks like the legacy drivers page just links to the same ones as the Drivers page.

Legacy drivers:
Legacy Drivers | Wacom

Drivers page:
Drivers | Wacom

Let me know if you find any solution and I'll do the same.

Reaction score
I had the same problem ("Version mismatch" with Intuos 3 in System Preferences) and I got it back to work again.

- First install the newest driver 'WacomTablet_6.3.10w2' for OSX from Wacom driver webpage (if you did not do this yet or removed it).
- Then, search for 'Wacom tablet utility' on your Mac with Spotlight and open it.
- Press 'remove' under Tablet Software (it will now delete all old settings as well).
- Re-install the 'WacomTablet_6.3.10w2' driver again.
- This solved my problem. My Intuos3 is up and running again :D

Reaction score
thank you

I had the same problem ("Version mismatch" with Intuos 3 in System Preferences) and I got it back to work again.

- First install the newest driver 'WacomTablet_6.3.10w2' for OSX from Wacom driver webpage (if you did not do this yet or removed it).
- Then, search for 'Wacom tablet utility' on your Mac with Spotlight and open it.
- Press 'remove' under Tablet Software (it will now delete all old settings as well).
- Re-install the 'WacomTablet_6.3.10w2' driver again.
- This solved my problem. My Intuos3 is up and running again :D

thanks that worked.

Reaction score
I'm on Yosemite 10.10.2, and the current offering from Wacom is driver 6.3.11-3a. After experiencing the same original error message as the original poster, I went through the fix posted above, and got presented with "There is a problem with your tablet driver. If the problem persists reinstall or update the driver." I've rebooted, to no avail.

Anybody got any thoughts? Thanks!

Edit: After plumbing the Legacy page, I downloaded the 6.310w2 driver, which seems to work.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've also not been able to get my tablet working on the WacomTablet_6.3.10w2 driver. Are there any other solutions for intuos3 users who have upgraded to Yosemite?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.