Wacom b/tooth tablet and Yosemite?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I though that I had seen a thread on this but I can't find it?

I have just upped to Yosemite on my iMac 21 1/2 and I haven't been able to get my Wacom bluetooth tablet to work in anything else but 'mouse mode'. I have been in touch with Wacom EU and at 1st was told that the Mavericks driver worked. On trying it, with the Wacom guy on the phone, we came to the decision that it didn't and he said he would check firther. I had an e-mail from him today telling me that they were not going to produce a driver for Yosemite. The driver is the same one as used for The Wacom Bamboo tablet in Mavericks.

Does anyone know if there is a driver anywhere that will work for Yosy???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If the Wacom tech support person said the driver for Mavericks will work for Yosemite, you're not going to find another driver. Any driver support for that tablet has to come from Wacom. If your Wacom tablet is not working in Yosemite, there isn't much you can do except maybe going back to using Mavericks. It seems the tech support person at Wacom really doesn't know what's going on if he admitted to you the tablet wasn't working when on the phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
I also found that my Wacom wasn't working with Yosemite. It was actually placed in the Incompatible Software folder when Yosemite was setting itself up. I do hope that Wacom are going to come up with a driver for it otherwise it's going to cost them sales.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.