Voice to Text Fail on iPhone 5C 8.1.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 3.0 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3/Mac Mini 2.3GHz Intel i7 Quad Core 16RAM
Morning, everyone!

Forgive me if this question has been asked before, I've looked through the first several pages of threads and didn't see it.

I have the 5C, which has worked great since the beginning. When 6 was released- and the corresponding software update- my phone has started having severe voice to text problems. I will press the microphone, it will beep like it's recording, then when I stop, I realize it didn't actually record anything. This happens repeatedly. The other big issue it has is the microphone being grayed out, so I can't select that option of communication. I have to exit out of the app in order to make it work. It doesn't matter whether its a full battery or low battery, recently restarted phone, etc.

I can't imagine I'm the only who has this problem. I've continued doing the updates as they come, hoping the newest software will fix this bug, to no avail. Hopefully someone here has some advice! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.