• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

VOB IFO BUP files???

Reaction score
I have a movie on my desktop that i want to burn into a DVD. it contains the following files VOB IFO BUP. when i burn the DVD the movie plays just fine on a PC but not on a Mac. How can I play the movie on Mac?
S-

Reaction score
well it sounds like dvd files. my best advice to you would be to take all of those files and put it in a folder named exactly this "VIDEO_TS" with out the quotes. now to point you in the direction of my favorite dvd burning software. download LiquidCD. You can get this at freemacware.com. after you download that and have your VIDEO_TS folder ready the rest is self explanatory. hope that helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
crazytreeman is correct, you can't just burn the files. You need to burn them as a video disc, which requires software that burns .VOB files in the correct format.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.