Vista on Macbook/Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hello, I am sorry if something similar to this has been previously posted but I did not see anything exactly like this. I am a high school student who has decided to get a Mac laptop in the next couple months. I dabble in video (nothing too serious) and do digital photos. I do want to be able to run Vista on this new computer for whatever reasons in the future. That brings me to the problem of integrated graphics on the macbook. On the Microsoft website it says that a minimun of 128 mb of graphics memory is required for anything other than home basic. Obviously this does not meet the requirement. The macbook would be my first choice over the two because of his size and smaller price tag. My question is "how will this integrated graphics affect running Vista" and "is the Pro (15'') the better comp. for me"? Thanks for any input

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Welcome to the Forums.

I believe the MacBook, will be able to tackle basic Photo/Video editing that u mentioned u might be "dabbling" with.

As per Vista, I am not sure how good will it run on the MacBook.

I have a Black MacBook with 2GB Rams, 160GB HD and I am running XP with no issues through Parallels Desktop (AWESOME Program), and I know u can do the same for vista, but again not sure how well its going to run and if the integrated graphics are gonna be an issue.

MBP is a great laptop but it comes with a hefty price tag due to the bigger LCD Real Estate and better Graphics card. But then again if you are sticking with Basic Photo/Video editing then the MacBook will handle it well enuff.

Hope that helped, Cheers

Mina

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
ive had Vista business on both a macbook and a mbp.

to tell you the truth, i wasnt all that impressed with the results. Constant things going on in the background for days and days on each machine.

XP serves its purpose on my mbp, and thats whatll stay on there i imagine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
With all the negative feedback on Vista, it is safer to use XP professional. If you get a MacBook, I would recommend 2GB RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD
I've done a review on Youtube of a Macbook running Aero (Its the video of the Macbook playing counterstrike aswell). Check it out. www.youtube.com/onecreativedirector
It runs as well as its going to on any PC. Aero runs flawlessly. No problems, although, Vista is very unstable, so i recommend getting XP. I have Vista Ultimate on my Macbook, and its never used.

Reaction score
I would recommend putting xp on via bootcamp, install is really easy and xp seems to work perfectly. I have a brand new HP desktop with specs good enough for vista ultimate and it is a very buggy os right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
I have still got my original 512Mb RAM. I have already got 2Gb's in and Vista Ultimate runs ok, although annoying when your used to OS X.
Earlier just for you I stuck my old 512Mb in and booted Vista Ultimate. It wasn't too good. Everything was slow and the cpu activity seemed higher than normal.
So my judgment is get more memory before Vista or go with XP which is less intensive.
On the up side. It ran normal with 1.25Gb RAM and 1Gb single stick. I did try the combination of 1Gb stick and a 256Mb stick. I couldn't try any other combinations as I don't have a 512Mb stick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.