"Vip" mailbox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini OS 10.12.6
All of a sudden I have a new mailbox category that I have no use for and do not want called "VIP." Content of this folder mirrors the messages in my inbox. Is there a way to delete it?

Thanks,

bmahin

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini OS 10.12.6
All of a sudden I have a new mailbox category that I have no use for and do not want called "VIP." Content of this folder mirrors the messages in my inbox. Is there a way to delete it?

Thanks,

bmahin
P.S. The "VIP" mailbox is preceded by a star.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini OS 10.12.6
Oooops.

Came back several hours later . . . The "VIP" mailbox has disappeared. Problem solved.

bmahin

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@bmahin

Just in case you were wondering what VIP meant and/or how you might have created one inadvertently, here's what Apple has to say:

You can easily keep track of email messages from people important to you by making them VIPs. Any messages in the Inbox from a VIP (even sent as part of a conversation) are displayed in a VIP mailbox (a type of Smart Mailbox). You can have up to 100 VIPs.

Make someone a VIP
  1. In the Mail app
    fcdf74cf8457ce188a2aaa7cf1293c83.png
    on your Mac, select a message from someone you want to make a VIP.
  2. Move the pointer next to their name in the message header, then click the star
    59442eeb54cfd55d3ceff4063f186763.png
    that appears.
    Message header area showing a VIP star to the left of the sender’s name.
Ian

Reaction score
I set up my close family members as VIPs. This is quite handy if you receive lots of emails daily as a crude means of filtering.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini OS 10.12.6
The self-healing properties of macOS is truly remarkable 😉
I'd never thought of my Mac that way, but that may be why I've been able to muddle through with various Macs all these years. Thank you; very much enjoyed your comment.

bmahin

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini OS 10.12.6
Thanks, also, to all who responded.

bmahin

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.