video upgrade for Mac Pro 1.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1.1 desktop, Mac Mini 2005, Mac G5 desktop
what is the best video upgrade for a Mac Pro A1186 with 32 gb ram and an OS 10.7.5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
You do not indicate what you want to upgrade. Is it a video card or perhaps editing apps? You are dealing with a very old system and a very outdated OS version. I suggest you check out Mac Pro | MacRumors Forums

Do some reading. There are some ways to upgrade your system and there will be recommendations for video cards and apps.

Lisa

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1.1 desktop, Mac Mini 2005, Mac G5 desktop
video upgrade

You do not indicate what you want to upgrade. Is it a video card or perhaps editing apps? You are dealing with a very old system and a very outdated OS version. I suggest you check out Mac Pro | MacRumors Forums

Do some reading. There are some ways to upgrade your system and there will be recommendations for video cards and apps.

Lisa

Lisa: thank you for your reply. I am aware of the age of the Mac Pro A1186 but I was interested in the video card that would best interact with this old machine. Thanks again for your reply.
John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Take a look at these options: GPU Compatibility List for cMP | MacRumors Forums

Another bunch of information: Mac Pro 1,1 10.9.2 (Tiamo) Graphic Card Suggestions | MacRumors Forums

I have a MP 5,1 With a Nvidia GTX 780 6GB and I running Mojave or Catalina (I have two startup drives.). I have done several flash updates to the BIOS to get Mojave and Catalina to work. But one nice thing is Apple supplies drivers for Nvidia cards up to the 780 and it is metal compatible which is used when encoding video. I run Adobe Premier Pro CC on my 5,1.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.