Video timing parameters for resolutions

S

stokey

I'm wondering if there is any way to get to the file that contains all the timing parameters (dot clock, porch timings, etc) for the video resolutions so that I may add a non-standard one to the file. Does anyone know how to get to it or if it even exists on the computer? If not, does anyone know where to find the timings on the web?

OP
A

ArleenMelvin

stokey said:
I'm wondering if there is any way to get to the file that contains all the timing parameters (dot clock, porch timings, etc) for the video resolutions so that I may add a non-standard one to the file. Does anyone know how to get to it or if it even exists on the computer? If not, does anyone know where to find the timings on the web?

If you find the answer to this will you let me know. I, too, am looking for the correct timing parameters for my 32" Hitachi Plasma TV (Model 32HDT50). The only res I get is 1920 x 540 (too skinny for viewing DVD movies from my Powerbook G4 (ATI Radeon Mobility 9000. I've contacted Stephane (at SwitchRes) ATI, Apple and Hitachi and no one there seems to know the answer.

Regards,

Arleen Melvin

:rolleyes:

OP
S

stokey

I have lightly looked thru the Powerstrip application and it looks like it is only compatible with windows based PC's. That is a very powerful program I think if you know what the parameters are. Is there a section in the program that has default timing parameters similar to those of Macs?

1920x540 is coming from your computer? it doesn't even look like your plasma allows that resolution. It also doesn't look like your plasma will allow native resolution into it thru the RGB input. I would recommend that if you can set your computer to 1280x720 (720p) or 640x480 (480p) that would work well on filling your screen. If not, then your kind of stuck getting a square on your plasma.

on the side: using your computer with your plasma is very risky and you might burn in images of your computer. be very careful with having a still image on that TV for too long.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.