• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Video editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
What kind of video editing software is available that is easy to use? I want too have stills with about 2 second intervals, and eventually go to full video. I also want to have music in the background. I have no idea if this is even possible.

I'm finishing up my Corvette engine swap into my S10, and want to have a flashy reveal.

Reaction score
iMovie will easily do this and probably is already installed on your Mac. If not, you should be able to download it from the app store. Are you really still running OS X Lion (10.7) as shown in your signature? I don't believe the current version of iMovie (10.1.14) is compatible with anything before macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave), so hopefully you already have an older version of iMovie installed.

Now, it's been a while since I've used older versions of iMovie, but I think the general process is about the same:

1. create a new project
2. drag and drop media (photos, audio, video) into the media section of the project
3. drag media from the media section to the video timeline, and adjust the length of media by dragging either end (audio will be placed underneath photos or video so they can play simultaneously
4. export the project to a video file that can be uploaded to YouTube or otherwise shared

Last edited:
OP
SleeperSS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the reply...I've upgraded the OS as far as it will allow if I remember correctly. I'll have to give this a try.

This is the victim...

This is the motivation...

OP
SleeperSS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. It's a '96 S10 SS. Lowest production year of the 4 year run...1240 made. Bought it new. Hopefully it will get fired this week..then it's just a bunch of detail work.

Reaction score
iMovie is your best bet, but YouTube is your friend when learning how to do stuff. I've recently been toying with DaVinci Resolve, but it requires a high performance machine to run right. My 2015 MBP with 16GB of RAM barely runs it. I'm running a quad-core i7.

Tony.

Reaction score
I was going to post regarding an editing program for Mac
but decided to start by looking on the forum first
Here is what I have found.
Imovie does not support many video formats. in fact just
this morning I tired loading a Mpeg file... not supported
Then there is Quick time player, suppose to edit Mp4
but not all types of MP4. so again
Then I tried VLC, the catch all of video.
here was 2 problems. First while reading on the subject
off the net, none of the mentioned controls were available
on my VLC version (lastest) Second it saves files in
a special format, that as far as I can find out can not be
saved to a hard drive.
Go Figure.
So Does anyone know of a "Simple Edit" program
for Mac High Sierra. I have DVD with movies from the 30's
on them, but they are in Ts format and not individually
on the dvd
Best

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (Mid 2010), Mojave, 32 GB RAM, Radeon RX 580 8GB
Final Cut Pro X.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.