Video Editing Programs Crashing

Reaction score
I currently work on an older Mac (bought new in 2006) with Snow Leopard and I've been having problems with my video editing programs as of last night.
iMovieHD and Adobe After Effects CS4 crash when opening.
After Effects pulls up an error message saying that a compressor used in output module template could not be found. (44:18)
iMovie won't open and pulls up the "quit unexpectedly" screen.
I think it might be my system's video Codecs messing up. Is there a way to repair those?
This just happened last night, but worked fine when I worked on them last time during the summer.

Reaction score
Run disk utility and repair permissions also check your hard drive space you need at least 80 gig's free

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
This just happened last night, but worked fine when I worked on them last time during the summer.

Have you changed anything on ths computer since last Summer? Such as OS updates or upgrades...added new hardware...etc.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
check your hard drive space you need at least 80 gig's free
That's a bit excessive. 10% is the usual recommendation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.