VHS Transfer Continued

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 DP 1.8 160 Super Drive 17 " Display
Just an update on my VHS transfer woes. I was able to get the VCR to go thru the camera but IMovie and Final Cut Xpress would not work with the JVC GRD72U. When I import it only captures 1 clip and stops and the camera stops also. So I have had to copy to the DV tape first then import to IMovie. This camera was not on the list of "approved" cameras so that might be the reason. Don't ya just love compatability!

M

markceltic

altyson said:
This camera was not on the list of "approved" cameras so that might be the reason. Don't ya just love compatability!
` Well did you know of the list on Apple support site before you bought the cam? If you did I'm afraid I can't give you any sympathy!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
markceltic said:
` Well did you know of the list on Apple support site before you bought the cam? If you did I'm afraid I can't give you any sympathy!
Unfortunately, I didn't find out til I bought it. It was a good deal though. I got it for $350 including 1 cassette, bag, small tripod and cleaing kit.

M

markceltic

That does sound like a good deal,there has to be a way around your problem.If I remember correctly when you're importing it only brings in just a few minutes worth at a time, hence your clips.Which you will have to string together yourself into a full length movie.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is my first transfer. The movie is 24 minutes long. The captured movie has only 3 clips each being about 8 minutes. I don't know what determines the size of a clip. The camera was started and stopped several times within that clip. Maybe I should hae just let it play a while longer to see if it imported the second clip? I really don't know because when I imported the same from the dv tape the IMovie screen was duplicating the scenes. When I tried just the pass thru it would not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.