VERY new Apple user - iPhone 6 - Photo backups?

Reaction score
Hi all. Brand new iPhone 6 user. Just switched over from android which I have used for many years and so far I must say I do like the iPhone much better. Could I please ask however, does anyone know of a way to have the iPhone 6 (IOS8) immediately take a copy of any pic I take with my phone and upload it to the cloud? This could either be done via an app from the appstore or iCloud. For example, with my android devices, when I would take a photo, it would also immediately upload a copy of that photo to Google Plus. With the iPhone 6 however, in order to get my photos to show up in Google plus, I have to open the app and choose sync each time even though I have already selected to automatically back up photos to Google Plus. Is there a better app to use or have I perhaps configured something wrong? I need something that will automatically and immediately place a copy of each photo I take in that app's cloud, whether that be iCloud, Google Plus, Dropbox, whatever. Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance!
Bueller

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Early 2011, 2.7GHz i7, 16GB; iPad Air 2, iPhone 6
If I understand your question then it is simply changing the configuration in your iPhone settings to automatically upload photos to your iCloud account. I cannot help you at all with Google plus. In your iPhone open up Settings/iCloud/Photos then you can turn on iCloud Photo Library or you can turn My Photo Stream and automatically share your photos to any device with Photo Share enabled though this only works over wifi I believe.
Hope that helps.

Reaction score
There are other decent options. Microsoft OneDrive will allow you to back up your pix. They give 15GB for free I think. Another choice, if you have Amazon Prime, is the Cloud Drive App. This will allow for unlimited storage. Nothing wrong with redundancy.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Microsoft OneDrive will allow you to back up your pix.
As will Dropbox. In each case, you need to enable the "Camera Upload" feature. Once you do that, any picture you take will be uploaded to the service. iCloud Library works as well. It's a touch slow at this point but it does exactly what you want. One thing to keep in mind is space - iCloud library is 5GB, Dropbox is 5GB (2GB free account + 3GB bonus if you use Carousel, Dropbox's automatic picture backup system) and OneDrive is 15GB with a free account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.