Vertical white strip macbook air LCD display

Reaction score
Hello, today I turned on and my LCD is displaying a white strip right in the middle of the LCD display (around 20% of the area, from top to bottom, see attachment). It gives a kind of a translucent, inverted colors fell. Any ideia what it is? It didn't fall, nothing other than bumpsy car. Macbook air 13' retina display

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A MacBook Air does not have a retina screen. How about telling us which Mac you have year and model. Also include which version of OS X it's running.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK. Best way to test whether it's something internal to the MacBook Pro (graphics) is to attach a monitor or TV to it to see if you're getting the same white strip on the external display. You'll need an adapter and cable to attach a monitor or TV. And by the way, your attachment never showed up in the post.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks, not showing in another external monitor. I fixed the attachment, was too large.

IMG_4146.JPG

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If that white strip is not showing up on an external monitor, it means that the defect is with the retina LCD on your MacBook Pro. The reason for the test with the external monitor was to isolate the problem to either the graphics or LCD.

My next question to you is whether or not you're still covered by warranty? Extended Apple Care? If you are, make an appointment with your local Apple Store. If not covered, I would still make an appointment with them and have them run diagnostics. There is no charge for diagnostics as long as it's done at an Apple Store. An authorized Apple repair service will charge for doing diagnostics outside of warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.