Ventura Mac Mail problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I have recently upped from Monterey to Ventura 13.0.1 and some time since then I have been getting a strange situation where when I'm looking at my Google account on Mail and then go too another account and then back to the google account the list has gone to the oldest entries.

I scroll back to the newest and just for interest I go to another account and back to google and it's at the oldest entries once again.

I have had a look to see if I can see what has changed but I can't find anything. I've also tried a search, but I have no idea what to search on?

Anyone got any ideas please as it's making my already very grey hair even greyer :oops:

We have 4 accounts and the google one is the only one that does this little trick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
You are right - something hinky is going on with Mail app. I use Outlook mainly but I opened the Mail app and everything looked fine. I was going to suggest if you had in View under Sort by for that account set to date and newest message on top.

While I was looking I decided to empty out the old mail and all the archive stuff. All of a sudden the inbox and important mail all emptied out. It didn't go to deleted either. That was interestingly not cool. So right now I am hoping nothing important is missing as it also deleted everything when I checked my google mail through my browser.

I do use Mail on my iPhone but I guess I should change that too.

Lisa

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Well, this is going from confusing to very very very (to quote some bloke from the west edge of the Atlantique) confusing!

I had a look in Mail Accounts and selected google. There's nothing to change in there, so I changed the date received to top.

Then went to another account and back to google and that was fine with the latest emails at the top, as selected.

Then I selected Date received again thus putting the latest at the bottom and selected another account and back to the google jobbie and low and behold, it is all working as it should and it shows the latest emails.

I haven't changed anything!

NO, NO, NO this can not be happening! The blasted thing is doing it again. I select another account after being on google and then go back again to google and it's at the oldest dammed emails yet again!

Oh, I nearly forgot to say that yesterday I did a restart just to see if the gremlin was in there somewhere! Will someone please stop the world as I want to get off!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I went back to using Outlook. I can't afford to have emails wiped like that. It was totally weird to just watch a bunch of emails just disappear. Not sure what is wrong with Mail and Gmail accounts.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Have either of you logged in to google web mail and look at the settings on their end?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, I have - everything looked normal but I also noted all my mail on web mail for google was gone too. Trash emptied and all. Since I don't Mail as my mail app - I use Outlook - I am not concerned as long as Mail on my iPhone works. I prefer it on my phone.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.