Using the SD slot??

Reaction score
Thanks guys for helping me last night with my questions. I got this thing down pretty good and am loving it. I will never go back to PC ever. Only question I have now is the SD slot. I have an HD Camcorder that takes 60i videos. On my PC, I would just put the HDSC card in the slot, then bam, there are the videos. Not like that with the Mac. Says unrecognizable format etc. Is there just something I am missing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Requires formatting by the sound of thinbgs. Connect, go to Disk Utility, select and format Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Like thumb and hard drives nearly all come assuimng Windows world.

Reaction score
actually you said hdsc.

the mac only has support right now for sdhc the newer format hdsc currently is very unstable and as for video size you need to copy the video to the desktop and run a video converter on the file i recommend using iskysoft media converter its 39.99 but worth every pennie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.