Using terminal Repair on start up? Glow Worm? Blue Screen of Death

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was installing GlowWorm FW Lite and everything froze. I then force quitted the computer but upon restart it goes to the blue screen of nothingness...

I can restart it in terminal with the command s function. But is there a way I can from the terminal delete the GlowWorm FW Lite and restart the computer?

I dont have my snowleopard installation disk of course since I am travelling...

:Oops:

I suspect the Glowworm version which did start working was more for Tiger but why it installed okay initially is beyond me....

Help is desperately needed! :Oops:

Help! mkwick :|

Its on a macbook with snowleopard installed I cannot check what version though now of course.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Start your machine in SAFE mode and remove the offending program. If you can't get it to successfully start in SAFE mode, you'll have to wait until you get home and can use your Snow Leopard DVD. Or, you can always buy another copy on the road - cost is only $29.

BTW, don't try to remove it via terminal unless you know your way around and can use BASH commands.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks Chscag, I thought I might have to resort to buying the install dvd. Will keep you posted. Thanks, mkwick

OP
M
Reaction score
Im in using safe mode!

Im in using Safe Mode! But even after repairing permissions and deleting glow worm I cannot restart into the normal mode. Is there anything I can try that might allow me to avoid getting a new disc. Im away from my install disc for 3 weeks.... However thought I better ask.:Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.