Using Macbook with external monitor

Reaction score
Ok I know this is a newbie question but hey....im a newbie :). If I buy a Macbook or MacbookPro, will I be able to connect it to my 24inch. gateway monitor? If so, how easy or difficult is this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Not sure how but I am sure there is a way, and I am sure it's probably fairly simple, just a cable or something most likely.

Reaction score
I have my intel duo core macbook hooked into my 21 inch LG flatron widescreen. I had to get a mini adapter but that was it, works just great.

ZDW.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You have to get yourself a mini-DVI to VGA connector. Then you have the option of having the second monitor as an extension to your Macbook's desktop or have it mirror what is already on your screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
you'll need to get a mini-dvi to dvi or mini-dvi to analog, depending on the gateway monitor's inputs...
[edit] yeah, what he said...

OP
X
Reaction score
Brilliant, thank you everyone :). Now I figure I should ask here so I dont muck up the forums with random question, but I have an HP CS180 printer attached to my desktop. How would I be able to use this with my MB? I have never set up any sort of wireless connection between a printer and a computer and was just wondering what the best way to do this would be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You want to share the printer hooked up to your desktop with the Macbook? That can get rather tricky. There are a couple threads on that issue. Do a search and I'm sure you'll find a more comprehensive answer than I can provide at the moment. :)

OP
X
Reaction score
Well sort of, I would severe the relationship that the printer has with my PC and use it solely with the mac if that helps, but I will indeed search.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Well sort of, I would severe the relationship that the printer has with my PC and use it solely with the mac if that helps, but I will indeed search.

I haven't attempt to connect the MBP yet, but my setup is an HP laser going directly into the router and setting it up with a static ip. My Dell laptop is then configure to print to that printer based on it's static IP. I'll try hooking the MBP up and then getting back to you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.