USB3 for Mac Pro 3.1 (early 2008)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 3.1, 32MB, 1TB SSHD, 13TB HD, OS:10.10.1
Will Sonnet Allegro USB 3.0 4 Port PCIe Card work with yosemite.

I have found that my Inateck KT4004 does not work with Yosemite on my Mac Pro 3.1.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 3.1, 32MB, 1TB SSHD, 13TB HD, OS:10.10.1
Thanks Harryb,

I am actually only about 12 years younger, so yes I do remember him. A copy of the painting in question also hangs in the Wangi Pub! So I'm fairly familiar with it.

I have read that thread. Unfortunately the situation is a bit confused and I am not sure how many of the comments are relevant to Yosemite.

I have heard back from Inateck and they have acknowledged that they have had a number of reports of the KT4004 not working with Yosemite. They are looking into the cause but they are not making any promises and I am not holding my breath.

I Guess with Yosemite being so new it is either suck it and see or wait a while until the dust settles.

Funnily, I have an older CalDigit card (the non Pro version) which still works but it only permits connection of hard drives (crashes the machine if you connect a hub!).

Have a great day.

Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.