USB Music import to Music on Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24 w/OS Sonoma 14.2.1, iPad Mini 6 64Gb, iPhone 13, wife has iPad Pro, iPad Mini and iPhone 15
I have a few USB sticks with music on them. I used these in the car. I now want to replace the music from the USB to Music. How can I do this? Will I need to get different software as it seems that Music will not allow this to happen?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Here are a couple of videos which might be of assistance:

Let us know if that helps, please.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Depending on what format the music media files are saved as, they should be able to be imported into Music app. You may also be able to drag and drop them onto the Music app icon.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
For this answer, I'm going to assume that the files in question are in a format that the program can read (.mp3, mp4, etc).

As you can probably tell from the videos there are a couple of different methods for importing music files into iTunes/Music. One thing I have noticed over the years is that there are times when things just don't seem to work. It's almost like the program forgets what to do.

If one method does not work try one of the other methods.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.